Saturday, March 6, 2010

Day 6

Weight: 140

It is getting a little easier.  Sort of like a pattern.  However, there are two big struggles.

1.  I have to prepare (or at least plan) what I am going to eat the next day.

2.  Peanut butter is HIGH, HIGH, HIGH in calories.  Crap!

To address the first one, it is annoying to think of everything I am going to eat the next day, check the calories to make sure I am hitting the mark.  What has often happened this week, is I don't have enough time to check the calories in my lunch.  I pack a snack and a meal, and then later that night I check the calories.  When I check I find out that earlier in the day I hate museli, or peanut butter on wheat bread with honey and a banana (oh my favorite) and find out I just at 500 calories for a snack!  And since I have already planned the dinner for the week, I can't not make it... that's what is on the menu.  So, I have gone over my calories by 100-300 for the past 3 days (and I've only been on this diet for 6 days!)

Now regarding that peanut butter... I love it.  It is so incredible.  I would eat just peanut butter for a snack if I could.  That smooth texture followed by that wonderful crunch.  Oh my... just thinking of it makes me want to put my finger in the jar right now.  What stops me you ask, whoever is out there reading, peanut has 200 calories in 2 tablespoons!!!  Before I started this I would say there was a time I may have enjoyed 1/3 cup of peanut butter by itself.  Oh those days.

Speaking of "those days" when I was younger and my body could handle eating half a bag of Oreo cookies and still weigh a measly 120... I asked Matt last night if he was okay with his body getting older.    He said, "yes".  Then I asked myself the question.  When I was younger, I always wanted to be okay with getting older.  Excited about growing and having big birthdays like 30, 40, etc.  I still want to celebrate like crazy, don't get my wrong, but when I really thought about it, I don't think I am okay with getting older.

Actually, I think it is a combination of getting older and having two kids.  My body is not as firm as it used to be.  My ass and boobs sag more than they used to.  Wrinkles are starting to show, which I don't mind that much, but what I don't like are the age spots (or freckles) I've gotten.  Seems to increase every summer.  And most of all, I can't eat as much, but I still want to and before this, I did.  I would eat as much as Matt!  Why did I not find that is odd?  I, little 5'9" compared to 6'5" eating the same amount of food.  Crazy.

Jordan is choking me... I think I need to give her attention.

Breakfast: scrambled eggs, 1 cup Nature's Organic cereal, 1/2 c skim milk (mistake with the cereal... later  realized it took a lot of calories)
Lunch:  Leftover frittata
Snack:  Salad, yogurt, tangerine
Dinner:  Have figured it out yet, but I only have 200 calories left in the day.

Workout:  Run... it is gorgeous out!!!!!

No comments: