Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day 10

"Meeting today at 2pm", is the email I read when I got to work today.  A meeting on a Wednesday... how odd.  Usually they are on Thursdays.  As I am working out in my head the possibilities of what this meeting is about, I see a pizza delivery guy walk out the front door of my store.  


"We're having pizza!"  I thought to myself.
"Crap!"  It hits me that I am still on a diet for 20 more days!


As I walk up the stairs to go to the meeting, the most warm, alluring smell fills my nostrils as I walk closer and closer to the office.  Then, as I enter the room, I see it.  The most beautiful pizza in the world.  What kind is that, you ask?  The kind where you can get 5 different varieties!  Yes, there was vegetarian, chicken and garlic, combination, all meat, and another one.  It doesn't matter that I don't know the last variety, it just matters that 5 different kinds of pizza were at my disposal.  


I could have as much as I wanted!  It was free!  It was warm (did you know I work outside where it is freakin' freezing?)!  It was pizza!  


Pizza that is made of white flour.  Pizza that has grease puddles.  Pizza that has a high calorie count.  Well, guess what?


I DIDN'T EAT ANY!  Can you believe it?!  I can conquer all!  Who in their right mind can turn down pizza?  Me, that's who!


Booya!  


But get this... even after eating really well the last couple of days to make up for my challah choice, I've gain 3 pounds!  I am sitting pretty at 143.   This just goes to show that it isn't about weight, it is about how you feel... and I feel great!  I am working out harder than I have in a long time.  I am more disciplined that I have ever been and I feel damn sexy.  1/3 of the way through!


For all you on a diet or trying to loose that pregnancy weight... just keep working.  You have to be realist about goals.  Goals that you can actually reach in a reasonable amount of time.  It will come.  And tell someone about it.  It'll help keep you checking in with someone.  


20 more days here I come!

5 comments:

Kate said...

Go Jamie! I'm proud of you. I did not act so strong yesterday, I had 2 cookies at my mother in-law's house, fresh out of the oven. Not so much for the self control. But here I go again, today's a new day, back on track. I still weighed in less than the day before.

For me this is about the long haul, so a cookie here and there is ok, but not every day and with every mood.

You keep inspiring me. And I doubt your weigh "gain" is negative, probably more muscle being built up and replacing that "sag," right?

Matt said...

I'm proud of you honey! Way to stick to your goals!

Matt said...

You have to pay me $1 every time you use the word "booya". That's my word :)

Matt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melody C. Bondurant said...

Alright... you are totally motivating me to start workin' out. I had to weigh myself on your scale tonight to weigh that box...For what it's worth, I think it's wrong! I weighed almost 10lbs more than my last weighing. Yikes!

Or I need to start exercizing! Hello! Hello!