Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day 16, 17, 18

Weight:  139!

I broke 140!  It has been a long time since I've seen that.  Only 4 pounds until my goal weight and only 7 pounds from my wedding day weight! 

Overall, this past week has been hard on a few different levels:  1.  I feel an overwhelming laziness and 2.  Am starting to wonder what I will do when this is over.

Allow me to explain.

Overwhelming Laziness:  I think this is contributed to a few factors.  As I already mentioned, I am close to my period.  So, I guess I should consider this to be more of low energy than laziness.  Sleep has been rare since I am trying so hard to keep the house clean, keeping up with intense workouts, spending time with my kids/family, and working full-time that I find myself going to bed at 1 - 1:30am and getting up around 7am with the kids.  In short, it has been harder for me to find the motivation to go to the gym when it is 9:45pm.  I just want to curl up in bed and sleep.

What gets me to the gym?  I think to myself, "I have come this far, I can't stop now.. only a week and a half left!".  I am not a quiter, I am a goal oriented person.  What has helped the most is that this is not a life diet, it is a 30 day diet.  When the goal is to big, it is hard to keep up.  Too many indulgences are made.  Thus, 30 days helps me because there is an end in sight. 

This leads me to my other struggle for the week:  What do I do when this is over?
For the past two weeks I did nothing but think of all the things I can't wait to eat.  Chocolate chip cookies straight from the oven, Burgerville milkshake, pizza, french toast, biscuts and gravy, salt, martini, and... well, this list goes on for quite a while. 

Rather than thinking of all that I can eat when I'm done, this week I've been thinking more of "What should I eat?".  Like I said in the very first post of this blog, I am exposed to pastries, bagels, samples, leftovers from the store everyday.  Plus, I attend a home church where we have dessert after every meal (every week!).  So if you think about it, I am eating a dessert potentially every single day.  That adds up to one unhealthy mama.

Not just the desserts, but it will be my everyday eating as well.  Now that I've been looking at calories, I've noticed that some of my other meals were easily over 1,000 calories (each!).  No wonder I've been so unhappy and feeling like shit.  I finally feel great.

I feel the next couple of blogs are going to be more of how I am going to eat for an extended period of time rather than 30 days.  I'm sure it will change in 10 years because my body will be different then and react to different foods. 

Please share insights on how you eat.  What works for you (or doesn't work). 

No comments: