Monday, February 18, 2008

I Busted My Butt!!!

Not literally, but yes, my ass offically got kicked this last week. It was, as most of you know, it was Valentine's Day. Since I am the manager of the floral department, you can all image how busy I was.
Two days before, I worked 9 1/2 hours. The day before I worked 10 hours. And at the grand finale, I worked a whopping 12 hours!!! I am exhausted. I even had to wake up early the next day to go down to the market to buy more flowers. To make it even more tiresome, I had a wedding that needed to be ready for pick up the day after.
However, I loved it! I was, and am still, very tired, but the department was well organized, things went smoothly, we planned well and in the end my store was the top selling floral department for ALL of New Seasons!!! Some of you may know that my old store, Concordia is the busiest store, and they always have the best floral sales. But not on Valentine's and not even the day after! Boo-ya!!!
AND, we also were featured on Koin 6 News! We are the first store on the West Coast to sell Fair Trade roses and they did a piece on it at my store! If you go to their Website, just search, "Fair Trade Roses" and you'll see me for a captavating 3 seconds! People have been talking about it all over town. =)
Here are some photos of my department. I've done a ton of changes since I've been there, but hard work pays off.

2 comments:

Melody C. Bondurant said...

Way to go girl! Sounds like you've found a good niche! It is a little sad that you're not going to New Zealand (not because I want you to leave, but it was an opportunity for me to live adventurously through someone else : )
Keep kickin' butt!

Kate said...

Jamie,

From you I would expect nothing less than buttkicking and major changes in the flower dept.

John